I got this off the back of a can of Rosarita refried beans: Prep time - 15 minutes, Cook time 30 minutes, Serves 4
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilis
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese (I used less cheese & sliced ... because that's what I had:)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray
- Beat egg whites in small bowl until stiff peaks form
- Whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl ... fold into the whites
- Add the flour into the eggs until combined
- Fold in green chilis
Spread beans over bottom of prepared pan. Top with 1/2 of the egg mixture ... and 1/2 cheese, repeat.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This was so easy and very delicious!! Enjoy!