Sunday, January 17, 2010

Easy Chocolate Eclair Cake


If you are a Chocolate lover this recipe's for you!

Line a 9x13" pan with Graham Crackers. Mix 2 boxes regular size Instant Vanilla Pudding with milk. When set, fold in a large container of Cool Whip and 1/2 tsp. vanilla...blend well.
Next, put 1/2 creamed pudding mixture over crackers, top with another layer of crackers. Add rest of pudding mixture and top with another layer of crackers.
Then frost.
Frosting...Bring to a boil, 1 stick butter or margarine (I use butter) 4 Tbsp. Cocoa, 6 Tbsp. Milk. Remove from heat and add 1 box Confectioners Sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Frost crackers while warm.
Refrigerate overnight...Oh, honey you're going to love this!

5 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Trish,
Lead me not into temptation.
I'm struggling with 2 extra kilos I put on this Christmas.
Sounds wonderful though.
Maybe if I get unexpected guests and have vanilla pudding in store..
Anyone now an easy cheese cake recipe??
From a tempted Felisol

Margie said...

I make this, but I don't make my own frosting, I just melt a can of chocolate frosting! so yummy good!

Pat said...

Oh yum.

Mrs. Mac said...

I'm in the same boat as Felisol only I'm counting weight in pounds. Down five since 1/1/10 .. gotta watch those sweets. This does look very tempting .. maybe on a summer evening outside eating alfresco .. with company ... this would make a nice easy dessert. We're getting quite a collection and this blog is beginning to 'feel' like a real cookbook. To date there are 70 recipes according to the 'edit posts' page.

Keep the good eats coming ladies.

Jada's Gigi said...

This sounds like a dream!