Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hearty Corn Sausage Soup

I got this recipe a long time ago from a girlfriend who was originally from Vermont so this recipe has traveled far and wide. I make it very rarely but every once in a while I get a taste for it in the fall or winter. I thought I'd share it with you since today was one of those days.


1 lb of link sausage ( really half of that is plenty)
a few medium sized potatoes- skin on and cubed
1 cup - green peppers- chopped
1 cup - water
1 16 oz can of creamed corn
2 Cups - milk
2 Tbls flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbls parsley
1 small onion-chopped

Cook sausage and cut into pieces
Drain all but 1 Tbls fat
Add fat to potatoes, pepper and water
Bring to a boil then cover and reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Stir in corn, milk, and onions,
Add flour, salt , pepper and parsley.
Finally add sausage pieces, simmer uncovered until thickened, stir often as it will stick.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Felisol said...

Yummi,
this is my kind of comfort food.
I just know Gunnar will love it too.
From Felisol

Pat said...

I'm making this soup this week...gotta try it, it looks so good! Perfect for this type of weather...thanks Cheryl!

Margie said...

This soup sounds so good! Maybe I'll make it for the leaders this week with some nice crusty bread!

Jada's Gigi said...

Go easy on the sausage girls..or use kielbasa..this recipe could uses less sausage or maybe kielbasa

Trish said...

Mmmm...this will be nice on a cold Winter's Eve!

Mrs. Mac said...

I've got kielbasa in the freezer ... thanks for this weeks soup feast recipe. Imagine a 'non-cook' contributing such a yummy and beautifully presented recipe. Thanks Cheryl!